Sometimes it truly is hard to blog - sometimes it is hard to share all that you think and feel and know. Well actually most of the time it is.
It is hard to share thoughts and feelings that are less than enthusiastic. It is easy to share enthusiastic photo posts, and news of the kids and the rest, and just add in all the exclamation marks (yes, I know I use a lot of them!) and then people can 'hear' how you feel. They can get the tone of what you are writing- or at least I think they can.
It is not always so easy to post when life is in a 'blah' stage or when things are on the negative side of the spectrum - why is that? I know that one time on a different blog, I posted a very short message about how I felt when Dash had another tachycardia episode and I had been convinced that God had healed her...so I needed to deal with the reality that she wasn't healed. That her future was still uncertain, that we would have to continue with medications and hospital visits. I felt frustrated, disappointed and sad by it all. I quickly had someone I knew IRL come to me and admonish me for not having enough faith, and for doubting God's good intentions, and on and on....and I was irritated (still am, truth be told) because I had a ton of faith, I knew that God could heal her in a heartbeat (pun, haha) if He wanted to, and by the very nature of the fact that He didn't - He obviously had something better in mind...I never doubted that, or let it go - even if, for a brief moment I had felt frustrated and disappointed. So how to express life when it is not in the exclamation mark phases???
I am not depressed, I do not doubt that this season is for a time, I do not forget that my God has given me a new life through his son Jesus, and I don't refuse to acknowledge joy....but I am feeling blue lately, blah actually, and I do have faith that it is only for a time, and we will back to regular programming soon (exclamation marks and everything).
you stole the words right out of my 'mouth' fingers/mind...I could have written this...we need a appetizer night?? It's been a while!
ReplyDelete