I have been trying to decide how I can do a "31 days to..." kind of series like Kelly is doing on this blog but I don't know if I am that interesting, and truly I don't know if I have 31 of anything to share...AND I don't know if I could actually blog every day. Although that is one of the reasons I want to do it!
Here are some pics from our house lately
This was a soccer clinic that we sent the middle 3 girls to. The Princess said to us this year when we were planning our activities. "Did you know that playing soccer is my dream?" Her dream....really? So we looked into rec soccer and decided to give it a go. We had considered it last year, and even for outdoor spring league. As a matter of fact, that same child had asked last year and because we weren't sure she would actually like it enough to commit to October through March of soccer, we put her in a skills development class at our city's local fieldhouse. It was great and she really enjoyed it. In the spring however, when it was time to register for outdoor soccer, our house was going up for sale, and we didn't know what neighbourhood we were going to be living in when the season started, so we let is slide. So we decided this year, since it is pretty inexpensive, requires no equipment other than indoor runners and shin guards that we would go for it...for all eligible children. Even the Ballerina and Tapper. What a rigamarole it all is to decide on activities and sports...ugh...I wish it could be decided for me! Anyway, the middle 3 kids went to a clinic the week before the season started to get acquainted with the soccer ball, run some drills, and try and get them pumped for this new sport.
I will admit, it worked for 2 of them, but not necessarily for one!
Our oldest daughter couldn't go to the skills clinic that weekend (and she would have been quite a bit older than everyone there anyway) because she was at a bible quiz meet.
There she is at the far right hand side of the picture - long red hair. Anyway, we stopped and watched this particular quiz and then came home - they are memorizing the book of Matthew this year - so amazing!
Here are some pictures of gymnastics as well...
Just Dash and Tapper did gymnastics this year. We registered them for a 10 week session. It is almost over. I love it, but truthfully am glad it is almost done.
We also signed Ballerina and Tapper for a 6 week basketball session with some homeschoolers in our city. It went really well, they totally loved the time and they learned a lot. The coach was great and they liked just seeing some good friends for an extra 2 hours every week! I don't blame them, because truthfully so did I! I love going to homeschooling activities, so that I can hang out with the moms and wait in the lobby! I was able to spend a little time with some moms that I barely ever see! Totally worth it!
Well, now I guess I realize why I haven't really been blogging - apparently I have been driving people around. A lot. Hmm, go figure. This doesn't even take into account church activities or ministry commitments. Whew, no wonder our fuel consumption has seemed higher than normal! ;)
Also, those of you with more blogger knowledge than me - I can't seem to upload more than one picture at a time on here anymore - any suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment