Eek! 3 weeks! Time seriously flies!
Today's gift got a little mismatched!
LOL!
This is what happens when you get a little ahead of yourself. I took some time this morning to go downstairs and wrap up the rest of the weeks gifts so that I am not in a time crunch. Originally I was going to have them all done in advance, but let's face it that goes against my very personality and with sick kids and real life, I just didn't get to it!
So I was all ready to go and then my husband (who took today off, what a treat!!!) decided that he was going to go get something that was way better than anything I could give them for advent.
Have you guessed? Should I make you wait?
It smells so good!
Yes,
it is
our
TREE!!
Isn't it beautiful? We always end up with the most beautiful trees!
Anyway, I think it is totally thawed now and it smells absolutely AMAZING! If you come over you would think I just washed my floors with PineSol or something! Just kidding, it smells way better than that!
Anyway, we got the lights on, but didn't have time for anything else, as Ballerina had youth group tonight, and we couldn't do it without her. And we can't do it tomorrow because we have care group/kids club/youth group again and we won't be home. But we can hopefully get it decked out on Thursday night!
Are you wondering then why we got it today if we can't even decorate it and I had a different plan for a gift? Well, truthfully it is because I am cheap. Up to tomorrow, at the store we bought it from, we received a gift card to use in the new year, and if we use it the tree will have cost us about $5. And who doesn't need stuff from the Home Improvement Store in the New year??
So anyway, we got it today, which works out fine! I also bought a small cheap artificial tree when I was out for the front room. The rest of the decorations were also part of today's present and we will decorate tomorrow too.
Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment