I hate that part, I truly do. But really, at this stage of the game I couldn't function any more without a little sleep.
My house was an absolute disaster.
My laundry was out of control.
And really, I could hardly carry on a conversation with anyone because my brain could hardly keep focused long enough to finish a sentence. Literally.
So I finally bit the bullet and let her cry. When I do this, I do the Ferber method - you know, good bedtime routine, lots of soothing cuddles before bed, a song, a prayer and into bed with a happy good night. Which of course is followed by a blood-curdling scream from the baby! I almost gave in right off the bat, honestly but I really needed to sleep for longer than 45 minutes. So I reminded myself that I am not a good mom with no sleep, so it is a better mom thing to do to let her cry a little than to let her wake me up every 40 minutes to an hour all night.It helps me to remember that she needs to sleep too - she, as happy as she is, would be even happier with an uninterrupted sleep.
So she sleeps for about 8 hours! And we both survived.
yay for that!
It took me a few weeks longer to establish some naps, but she naps now too, kind of. I have hope that it will just keep getting better.





Good. For. You. I attempted the cry it out thing the other night but I just can't do it!!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you momma!! Sleep is important, for all involved!! You need sleep with all you have going on in the months to come!!! Yay baby C!!!
ReplyDelete