See, I have this hope. This vision. This desire. This ache for my daughters to grow up to be young women like her, and for them to be courted and marry a man like him (at least what I know of them). I want my girls to be women of grace, and I want the men who will pursue them to be men of God. Real men, men completely unlike Mark Driscoll talks about in this sermon.
And I know that requires us to teach them how to be that. How to be women of grace, and accept no less than a man of God. It is a hope for sure...and one that I am glad God cares about as much (or more) than I do, because this, like so many other parenting tasks seems mostly overwhelming. And largely impossible on my own! Good thing we are not in this alone!
See, I do know that this couple is not perfect, just as I am not perfect. But they are having a much better start at their young married life than I did, and they are doing things in a much better fashion. Making better decisions, following closely after this God that I didn't even meet until I was their age - and by that time I had already made a world of bad decisions! I guess it should all drive me to my knees, knowing that only with help am I going to be able to show my girls that they are VALUABLE, that they have incredible worth, that they are to be CHERISHED! Side note - that was my favorite part of all three weddings we were able to attend at our church this summer, the sheer look of joy on the faces of the young men waiting at the end of the aisle for each of the beautiful brides. And to think our heavenly groom awaits us with as much anticipation as that! Crazy!
Anyway, it took me a long time (weeks actually) to decide whether or not to post this post, and whether or not to post the link, and so I am going to end this one here and post the rest of our summer pictures in another one!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment