Monday, June 16, 2014

Dixie got a haircut and another recipe was made

So, I have never had a dog.  We had a cat for 17 years, until he had to be put down because he was sick.  We got another kitten almost a year later, but I realized that I was allergic to cats.  My one eye was always itching and red and I would sneeze most mornings about 25 times - my kids used to joke that I was allergic to the mornings (which may be true) but it seems like it was probably our cat Coon all along!
 So, who knew that dogs have to go to the groomer?  Well, I guess they don't have too but you saw how shaggy she was in the post a couple of days ago, right?  She looks so cute with her short hair!  She did okay there, although she was a little wigged out by the whole experience!  She came home with a cute bandana and everything!

 I made another recipe a couple of weeks ago.  I finally made a dessert one - it was called Nutmeg Cake and it had a delicious lemon sauce!



We made it just as it was in the cookbook (shocker) and it was absolutely yummy!  My husband's review was that it wasn't chocolate - but the rest of us loved it. Don't get me wrong, he liked it, but it just wasn't chocolate.  I thought it was easy and quick and it tasted great.  It was different too, which was nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment