Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Hanging outside

I am not really an outdoorsy person.  I am a homebody.  I don't walk around the neighbourhood and if there is going to be a crowd at something, I really do have to jazz myself up to do it.  I love having a crowd here at my house, the more the merrier!  Bring as many here as you want, but making me go to something big and crowdy outside takes a bit of a build up.

I love the idea of a farmer's market, but we tried to go once here in the city and it stressed me out that there was nowhere to park and then I was stressed about how many people were going to be there and since I don't look for opportunities to be walking around outside, I don't always have my stroller in the truck so that was stressful.  I drove around the block a few times I just decided to try again another day.

When I remember again it will be better because I will be mentally prepared for it.  I will look at getting a parking spot as a challenge and make sure that I have my stroller, my sling and a hat for the baby!  Being prepared makes me feel so much more ready to deal with the event!

But I am not comfortable with my 3-year old riding her bike around our house without big people with her.  There is just too much fast moving traffic.  And I have decided that we should walk more when possible.  Like last Saturday when we dropped off a prescription at the pharmacy and then decided to walk back to pick it up.  Besides, we have this cute dog that never gets to go for a walk!


(sidenote - isn't she cute?  She pulls on the leash like a sled dog, and listens like a cat sometimes, but is cute nonetheless!)


So I would like to make it our habit to walk to close things more.  I had a goal last year to walk over to Sobeys one time, just to do it.  I google mapped it and it is 2.7 km away.  I don't have a dout that we could get there, I just wonder if we could make it home again!  LOL!  I also stress about my kids walking on the busy street.  They sometimes listen like cats too!

I'll let you know if we ever make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment