Monday, September 21, 2015

New School year

I am a sentimental person.  I have the paper from the first time my husband bought me flowers when we were just dating.  I actually have the slip of paper he wrote his number on the first time he gave it to me.  I have little mementos from events over the past 23 years of our lives that help me think back on good times.  I feel like I need something to mark this day.

Today is the first official day of school for us.  But one of us is away at Bible School!  Crazy.

We took our oldest and dropped her off in her dorm this weekend.  She said goodbye to her sisters outside the grandparents house and we drove away as they were all crying at the door - true story!  I am not being melodramatic in the least.  The hugeness of the event was not lost on my little kids!

Just so you know, I did pretty good....I do truly feel more excited for her than anything, but I was a little sad.  I cried a little while we were leaving, and I was glad, I don't mind that she knows that I am going to miss her living at home!  And then when we drove away I really cried - but only for a couple of kilometers.

But it was so interesting to me because I was thinking of this blog post while it was happening.

I am so proud of her and so happy that she is going to Bible school this year, even when it is hard, even though she didn't know anyone, even though we left her there with a bunch of strangers.  I am convinced that she will come  home from there with a bunch of friends instead!  She called last night actually after her first day of registration and orientation and she sounded excited!  She is trying to figure out how much is too much to take on while she is there, and I am already counting down the days until she comes home for Thanksgiving!

This is a totally cool day!

So we are starting school with one in Grade 9

one in Grade 5

one in Grade 3

and one in Kindergarten

and one who is in trouble!!  LOL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment