I think it is so weird when websites change their look and I have to figure out where all the previously familiar buttons are. That is the deal with Blogger today.
I have been checking blogs today - helping my kids with their school work and am now listening to Tapper read an article from a magazine to her sisters. I love when they are happily hanging out.
My youngest monster has grown tall enough to open the doors to the house, so when you are not looking she likes to try and sneak out - we need to get a chain lock I think.
We have to move in 27 days or so. That seems like it will come awfully soon.
My husband has been working like crazy lately. It is the yearly shutdown at his work. Which sounds like he should have time off - but really is the only sure time there is overtime during the year. He had Saturday off this past weekend, but we were busy and didn't even get to watch a movie or anything. Well, kind of, we watched half of Transformers 3 on Friday but haven't had a chance to watch the rest. I feel like it has been forever since we have been out - other than when we were looking at houses, but really, that doesn't count. I need a date.
I went on Plinky today to see if I could find something interesting to write about...the suggested blog prompt is Share a summer memory.
Okay, so I don't know if I should share a recent memory or a past memory - so the first one that came to mind was a past one.
My grandparents used to live at Regina Beach. They had this incredible house, that I am pretty sure my Grandpa built himself, and it was amazing. We went there all the time. My whole family, and the families of my aunts and uncles. We would play for hours. Me and my cousins. It is so funny, because I have asked at least one of them, and he seems to think we were there like every weekend too, although our parents say it wasn't that often. It feels like it was that often!
My Grandma would make a great supper in her amazing kitchen and we would run and play forever. We used to play a version of Capture the Flag at the woodsy park down the street. I used to love it when my cousin Jen was on my team. She was the oldest and it was awesome when we got her!
We used to play Hide and Seek. My grandparents had this awesome deck that wrapped around half their house, and the door on the deck took you into the mudroom and then to the kitchen. The gate there was always "homefree". I always remember this one time when we were playing hide and seek and my cousin Will was "it". He counted and then we all ran to hide. So after a while, we start creeping back to the house to try and touch home and sure enough, he is still standing there, right by the gate, being a "home-sticker". So I remember making eye contact with his brother who was also creeping towards 'homefree' and it was obvious that someone was going to have to try and draw him away from 'home' so some of the rest of us could get 'homefree' and really, since he was being a home-sticker it served him right to have to be 'it' again, right?? Anyway, we all started getting closer and closer and he wasn't even paying attention, so somehow, we all creeped right past him and touched the gate for home-free, one after another...and in my memory, even my cousins Brandi and Sarah were there, so that made at least 5 of us...and somehow we all got home-free and he had to be 'it' again...which he totally deserved anyway....ah, the memories! I don't remember for sure, but let's just assume my Grandma gave us ice cream that afternoon as well - it makes for a better memory!
I can't wait for this year's summer memories! Do you have any summer memories to share?
No comments:
Post a Comment